Glimpses of Karnataka (The Golden Chariot)
Bengaluru – Bandipur – Mysore – Hampi – Bengaluru
The Golden Chariot
Glimpses of Karnataka is a well-planned itinerary offering an attractive journey across the top tourist destinations in Karnataka. The tour commences on Sunday in Bangalore and ends back in Bangalore, the following Saturday. The Glimpses of Karnataka tour organized by Golden Chariot is a 7-day itinerary offering pure fun. Enjoy the majestic essence of Karnataka during the tour and come back with lifetime memories to cherish forever. The itinerary of this luxury tour is described below. Go through the day-wise program to plan your schedule in a hassle-free manner.
The Glimpses of Karnataka tour is a luxurious and well-organized 4-day itinerary that covers the top tourist destinations in Karnataka. The tour starts on Sunday in Bangalore and ends back in Bangalore on Wednesday. The itinerary includes visits to Bandipur, Mysore, and Hampi, offering a blend of wildlife safari, historical and architectural sightseeing, and cultural activities. The journey begins with a warm welcome at Yesvantpur Railway Station and a tour briefing on the train, followed by an overnight journey to Bandipur. On day 2, the tour continues with a visit to the magnificent Mysore Palace, and on day 3, you will explore the architectural marvels in Hampi. The tour concludes on day 4, as the train arrives at Yeshwantpur Railway Station in Bangalore. With excellent hospitality and comfortable interiors equipped with modern amenities, the Glimpses of Karnataka tour promises to offer a hassle-free journey while exploring the vibrant essence of Karnataka.
- Bandipur National Park - This is one of the best wildlife sanctuaries in India inhabiting abundant greenery, wild animals and colorful birds.
- Mysore Palace - This massive place designed by British architect Henry Irwin is famous for its great history and beautiful architecture that symbolizes a blend of architectural style from all over the world.
- Hampi - The ancient capital of the Vijaynagar Empire is a UNESCO world heritage site and famous for impressive rock-carved monolithic sculptures and monuments.
Day 1: Bengaluru to Bandipur
Your most awaited journey starts in Bangalore the capital of Karnataka. Experiencing charming weather throughout the year and adorned with Victorian architectural splendor, the third-largest city in India doesn't need any introduction.
• Receive a warm welcome at Yesvantpur Railway Station at around 0830 hrs.
• Attend tour Briefing on the train.
• Your luxury train goes on wheels at 0930 hrs.
• Enjoy delectable Lunch onboard.
• De board train at Nanjangud Town.
• Embark on 50 km road journey from Nanjangud to Bandipur
• Proceed for a wildlife safari at Bandipur National Park
• After enjoying Jungle Safari at Bandipur return to the train.
• Complete your dinner on board.
• Continue an overnight journey to reach Mysore.
Day 2: Mysore
On day 2 of the journey, you will enjoy sightseeing in Mysore. After breakfast on board, proceed to visit the Mysore Palace. After exploring the royal glory, return to the train for lunch. Visit Srirangapatnam as an Optional excursion. In the evening, proceed for dinner at a city hotel with cultural activities. Return to the train and continue your journey to Hampi.
• Enjoy breakfast on the train.
• Proceed for visiting the Mysore Palace.
• Return to the train and enjoy your lunch.
• In the evening, you can go for an optional visit to Srirangapatnam.
• Return to the train and have dinner.
• Continue an overnight journey to reach Hampi.
Day 3: Hampi
Day 3 of the Golden Chariot itinerary is reserved for exploring the architectural marvel in Hampi. After enjoying your breakfast, de board the train to visit Hampi, the capital of the Vijayanagara kingdom. This UNESCO World Heritage site carries the ruins ancient kingdom that tells the story of opulence and grandeur of the royals. You can also enjoy the view of the Sunset from the bank of the gently flowing Tungabhadra River. After the excursion, come back to the train for lunch. You can choose an optional trip to Anegundi in the afternoon. Enjoy your dinner onboard and continue the journey.
• Enjoy a delectable breakfast on the train.
• Proceed for sightseeing in Hampi.
• Explore temples, palaces, and World Heritage sites in Hampi.
• Return to the train to have your lunch.
• Go for an optional trip to Anegundi in the afternoon.
• Enjoy your dinner and continue the journey to come back to Bangalore.
Day 4: Bengaluru
Enjoy your breakfast on board as the train arrives at Yeshwantpur Railway Station in Bangalore at around 11:00 AM. Say farewell to your co-passengers and de board the train as your Glimpses of Karnataka tour ends offering you pure delight for the last 4 days.
Enjoy the breakfast.
Reach Yeshwanthpur Railway station as this magical journey ends in Bangalore.
The Glimpses of Karnataka train schedule for the season 2023-24 and 2024-25 is as follows:
Departure Dates Season 2023-24
Train: Glimpses of Karnataka (3 Nights/4 Days)
Oct, 2023 Sat , 14
Nov, 2023 Sat , 11
Dec, 2023 Sat , 9
Jan, 2024 Sat , 6
Feb, 2024 Sat , 3
Mar, 2024 Sat , 2
Departure Dates Season 2024-25
Train: Glimpses of Karnataka (3 Nights/4 Days)
Oct, 2024 Sat , 12
Nov, 2024 Wed , 9
Dec, 2024 Sat , 7, 28
Jan, 2025 Sat , 25
Feb, 2025 Sat , 22
Mar, 2025 Sat , 22
Note: The itineraries, destinations, venues, and scheduled departures are subject to change without prior notice.
Your train journey will begin at Yesvantpur Railway Station in Bangalore at around 8:30 AM.