JYOTIRLINGA YATRA TOUR PACKAGE
Bhimshankara - Nasik - Aurangabad - Ghrishneshwar – Shirdi - Ujjain - Mahakaleshwar - Somnath - Dwarka - Jamnagar - Jamnagar – Ahmadabad - Chennai - Rameshwaram – Madurai – Hyderabad - Srisailam - Kolkata - Deoghar – Jasidih - Varanasi - Guptakashi – Gaurikund – Kedarnath - Rishikesh – Haridwar
If you’re a devotee of Lord Shiva, then you must have booked a Jyotirlinga Yatra tour package to visit all the Jyotirlingas in India at least once in your lifetime. Literally meaning the ‘radiant sign of almighty’, a Jyotirlinga is a devotional representation or an image of Lord Shiva. While it is believed that originally there were 64 Jyotirlingas in the country, 12 of them are considered extremely important as they are very holy and auspicious. Each of the twelve Jyotirlinga sites take the name of a deity presiding over it and each one is considered a different manifestation of Shiva. At all these sites, the primary image is lingam representing the beginningless and endless Stambha pillar which symbolises the infinite nature of Lord Shiva. Shiva’s Jyotirlinga is highly revered among the Hindus.
A Jyotirlinga special tour should ideally include all these 12 shrines namely
- Somnath jyotirlinga: The famous jyotirlinga of Somnath is considered to be the first of the 12 Jyotirlingas. Situated near Veraval in (Prabhas Kshetra) in the Kathiawad district of Gujarat, Somanth Temple is a much-loved pilgrimage site among Hindus. As a result, This jyotirling in Gujrat is visited throughout the year by millions of devotees who come from far and wide. This Jyotirlinga has been destroyed and rebuilt many times in history.
- Mallikarjun jyotirlinga: Situated on the Shri Shaila Mountain, the Mallikarjuna Temple on the banks of the Krishna River in the southern part of Andhra Pradesh is an important pilgrimage destination. This jyotirlinga is also known as ‘Kailash of the South’ and is one of the greatest Shaivite shrines in India. The presiding deities of this temple include Mallikarjuna (Shiva) and Bhramaramba (Devi).
- Mahakaleshwar jyotirlinga: Mahakaleshwar Temple is located on the banks of the Kshipra River that flows in the dense Mahakal forest in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. This Jyotirlinga situated in Madhya Pradesh is an important pilgrimage site in Central India. There are a number of legends and folklore on how this Jyotirlinga came into existence. The Mahakaleshwar Temple is considered significant by the Hindus for one more reason. Hindus believe it to be a part of the seven ‘Mukti-Sthal’, the places that can liberate a human being.
- Omkareshwar jyotirlinga: Omkareshwar Temple is one of the highly revered Jyotirlinga in the country and it is located on an island called Shivapuri in the Narmada River in Madhya Pradesh. According to the Hindu scriptures, once upon a time, a great war ensued between the Devas and Danavas (Gods and Demons) in which the Danavas won. This was not a good thing for the ‘devas’ who then prayed to Lord Shiva and were considered to be under his protection. Impressed by their devotion and sincerity, Lord Shiva emerged in the form of Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga in order to defeat the ‘danavas’ and pacify his true followers.
- Lord Baidyanath jyotirlinga: Vaidyanath Temple is also famously known as Vaijnath or Baidyanath. It is situated at Deogarh which is in the Santal Parganas region of Jharkhand. Many people believe that one can attain moksha or salvation by worshipping this Jyotirlinga.
- Nageswar jyotirlinga: The Nageshwar Temple is also known as Nagnath Temple and it is located on the route between Gomati Dwarka and the Bait Dwarka Island on the coast of Saurashtra in Gujarat. This Jyotirlinga holds a special significance as it symbolises protection from all types of poison. It is believed that those who worship at this temple attain liberation from all poisons.
- Kedareshwar jyotirlinga: One of the holiest pilgrimage sites in India, the Kedarnath Temple is located on the Rudra Himalaya Range at the height of 12000 feet on a mountain that is named Kedar. It is at an approximate distance of 150 miles from Haridwar. The temple enshrining the Jyotirlinga opens for only six months in a year. According to tradition, while embarking on a pilgrimage to Kedarnath people first visit Yamunotri and Gangotri and then bring the holy water to offer at Kedarnath.
- Trimbakeshwar jyotirlinga: The Trimbakeshwar Temple is situated at a distance of 30 kms from Nasik in Maharashtra near a mountain named Brahmagiri from which the river Godavari flows. This temple is considered to be a source of the river Godavari, a river which is known as ‘Gautami Ganga’, the most sacred river in South India. Hindus believe that this Jyotirlinga in Maharashtra is the one which fulfils everyone’s desires and hence visit it to make their dreams come true. If you want to fulfill your desires, then all you have to do is book a jyotirlinga yatra tour package.
- Rameshwar jyotirlinga: Rameshwar Temple is the southernmost of the 12 Jyotirlingas. It is located on the island of Rameshwaram, off the Sethu coast of Tamil Nadu. This temple is well-known for its architecture, more prominently the long ornate corridors, towers and 36 theerthams. This has been a time-honoured pilgrimage centre considered by many at par with Banaras, the holy city of Hindus. This Jyotirlinga is well-known due to its close association with Ramayana and Ram’s victorious return from Sri Lanka.
- Bhimashankar jyotirlinga: The Bhimashankar Temple is located in the Sahyadri region of Pune, Maharashtra. gLyin on the banks of Bhima River, it is considered to be a source of this river. According to a famous legend, the sweat which poured from Shiva’s body after a difficult battle is what formed the Bhima River. If you want to experience the tranquility of this place, then it is time to book a jyotirlinga yatra tour package.
- Visweswara jyotirlinga: Kashi Vishwanath Temple is located in one of the most revered sites in the world, Kashi or Varanasi as it is popularly known. It is situated amidst the crowded lanes of the holy city of Banaras (Varanasi). More than the Ghats and Ganga of Varanasi, the Shivalinga remains the devotional focus of the pilgrims. It is said that the divine evening aarti on the Ganga Ghat in Varanasi is one of the most remarkable experiences of one’s life. Are you ready to witness a magical evening filled with devotion and religious fervour? Then book your jyotirlinga yatra tour package today!
- Grishneshwar jyotirlinga: The Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga is located in a quaint little village called Verul, which lies at a distance of 20 km from Daulatabad, near Aurangabad in Maharashtra. Quite close to this temple is the famous tourist site i.e. Ajanta and Ellora caves. This temple was built by Ahilyabai Holkar who is famous for rebuilding the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi. The Ghrishneshwar temple is also known by other names across India such as Kusumeswarar, Ghushmeshwar, Grisham Swara and Grishneshwar.
While two jyotirlinga are on the sea shore, three jyotirlinga are situated on river banks, four jyotirlinga in the heights of the mountains and three jyotirlinga are located in villages. Several people believe that Lord Shiva manifested himself on Earth on the night of the Aridra Nakshatra which is why a special reverence is given to the Jyotirlinga. Even though there is no unique appearance to mark the Jyotirlingas still many people can see these lingas as columns of fire piercing through the earth after you reach a high level of spiritual attainment.
Day 01: Arrive Mumbai
Day 02: Mumbai - Nashik via Bhimshankara
Day 03: Nashik - Aurangabad, via Trimbakeshwar
Day 04: Aurangabad - Shirdi, via Ghrishneshwar
Day 05: Shirdi - Ujjain, via Pune – O/N Train
Day 06: Arrive Ujjain & visit Omkareshwar
Day 07: Ujjain - Somnath (By Train)
Day 08: Arrive Somnath
Day 09: Somnath - Dwarka
Day 10: Dwarka
Day 11: Dwarka - Jamnagar
Day 12: Jamnagar - Ahmedabad - Chennai (Flight)
Day 13: Chennai - Rameshwaram
Day 14: Arrive Rameshwaram
Day 15: Rameshwaram - Madurai - Hyderabad
Day 16: Hyderabad - Srisailam
Day 17: Srisailam - Hyderabad - Kolkata (By Flight)
Day 18: Kolkata - Deogarh
Day 19: Deogarh - Varanasi
Day 20: Varanasi
Day 21: Varanasi - Haridwar
Day 22: Haridwar
Day 23: Haridwar - Guptakashi
Day 24: Guptakashi - Kedarnath
Day 25: Kedarnath - Rishikesh, via Gaurikund
Day 26: Rishikesh - Haridwar - Delhi
DAY 01: ARRIVE MUMBAI
Arrive Mumbai – Meet our representative and Transfer to Hotel. Afternoon visit Sri Siddhivinayak Temple to take blessings of Lord Ganesha to start the pilgrimage tour. Overnight: Mumbai.
DAY 02: MUMBAI - NASHIK VIA BHIMSHANKARA
After early breakfast checkout and drive to Nashik via Bhimshankara (1st Jyotirlinga) from amongst the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva, in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills. After darshan we leave for Nasik. Arrive Nashik and check-in at hotel. Overnight Nashik.
DAY03: NASHIK - AURANGABAD, VIA TRIMBAKESHWAR
Morning after breakfast we drive from Nasik to Trimbakeshwar (2nd Jyotirlinga) from amongst the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. Visit Temple and after Darshan. Drive to Aurangabad (220 Kms). Overnight: Anurangabad.
DAY04: AURANGABAD - SHIRDI, VIA GHRISHNESHWAR
In the morning we drive to Grishneshwar (3rd Jyotirlinga) from amongst the 12 Jyotirlinga of Lord Shiva. After darshan we continue drive to Shirdi. Overnight Shirdi.
DAY05: SHIRDI - UJJAIN, VIA PUNE – O/N TRAIN
Morning after breakfast transfer to Pune Train station to board train to Ujjain. En-route visit Shani Signapur. Train leaves at 1520 Hrs and takes 16 Hrs to Reach Ujjain. Overnight stay in Train.
DAY 06: ARRIVE UJJAIN & VISIT OMKARESHWAR
Arrive Ujjain railway station at 4 AM, meet our representative and transfer to Hotel. Rest for few hours. After breakfast drive to Omkareshwar (4th Jyotirlinga) from amongst the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva located on an Island formed by Narmada River. Arrive and have Darshan of Sri Omkareshwar Temple. You can also visit Panchmukhi Ganesh temple, Mamleshwar Temple, Vrahadeshwar Temple. Late afternoon drive back to Ujjain. Overnight Ujjain.
DAY07: UJJAIN - SOMNATH (BY TRAIN)
Morning after breakfast Visit Shri Mahakaleshwara (5th Jyotirlinga) amongst the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. After darshan visit we will transfer you to Ujjain Train station to Board train to Somnath. Train leaves at 10:55 PM and takes 18 Hrs to Reach Somnath. Overnight: Overnight stay in Train.
DAY 08: ARRIVE SOMNATH
Arrive Somnath station at 1800 Hrs, meet our driver and checkin at hotel. In the evening attend Aarti and watch light and Sound show. Overnight: Somnath.
DAY 09: SOMNATH - DWARKA
Morning after breakfast visit Bhalka Tirth, Triveni Ghat & Somnath (6th Jyotirlinga) amongst the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva at Somnath Patan. Afternoon proceed to the sacred town of Dwarka. Overnight: Dwarka.
DAY 10: DWARKA
Moring visit Dwarkadeesh Temple. Take a holy dip in Gomti river, later visit Nageshwar (7th Jyotirlinga) Gopi Talav, Bet Dwarka Rukmani Temple. Evening attend aarti at Dwarkadish temple. Overnight Dwarka.
DAY 11: DWARKA - JAMNAGAR
Morning after breakfast proceed to Jamnagar. On arrival checkin at hotel. Afternoon visit Lakhota Lake & Lakhota Museum. Evening visit Bala Hanuman Temple known for its nonstop Ramdhun since 1956 and it mentioned in Guinness Book of World Records. Evening is free for Shopping. Overnight Jamnagar.
DAY 12: JAMNAGAR - AHMEDABAD - CHENNAI (FLIGHT)
Moring after breakfast drive to Ahmadabad. Arrive Ahmadabad and transfer to Airport to board flight to Chennai. Arrive Chennai and Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Chennai.
DAY 13: CHENNAI - RAMESHWARAM
Morning after breakfast local city tour of Chennai. Evening drop at Chennai train station to board overnight train to Rameshwaram. Overnight: Overnight stay in Train.
DAY 14: ARRIVE RAMESHWARAM
Arrive Rameshwaram and transfer to hotel. Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple, Rameshwaram (8th Jyotirlinga) is one of the most venerated places for the followers of the Hindu faith. According to Hindu mythology Lord Rama built a bridge from here to Lanka to rescue his wife Sita from Ravana. Arrive and visit The Ramanathaswamy Temple, Gandhamathana Parvatham and Dhanushkodi. Overnight Rameshwaram.
DAY 15: RAMESHWARAM - MADURAI - HYDERABAD
Morning after breakfast drive to Madurai. Arrive Madurai and visit Meenakshi Temple. Later drop at Madurai Airport to Board flight to Hyderabad. Arrive Hyderabad and transfer to hotel. Overnight Hyderabad.
DAY 16: HYDERABAD - SRISAILAM
After breakfast proceed to Sri Bh-ra-ma-ramba Mallikarjuna Temple or Srisailam Temple (9th Jyotirlinga) amongst the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. This is one of the greatest Salivate shrines in India. Overnight Srisailam.
DAY 17: SRISAILAM - HYDERABAD - KOLKATA (BY FLIGHT)
Morning after breakfast drive back to Hyderabad. Arrive Hyderabad and transfer to Hyderabad airport to board flight to Kolkata. At Kolkata Airport be met by our representatives and drive to Hotel. Overnight Kolkata.
DAY 18: KOLKATA - DEOGARH
Early morning transfer to Kolkata station to board train to Jasidih. Train leaves at 7:40 AM and takes 5 Hrs to Reach Jasidih. Arrive Jasidih station at 1200 PM – Meet our driver and drive to Deoghar. Arrive and Checkin at Hotel. Later visit Shri Baijnath Dham (10th Jyotirlinga). Overnight Deoghar.
DAY 19: DEOGARH - VARANASI
Morning after breakfast transfer to Jasidih station to board train to Varanasi. Train leaves Jasidih at 12:14 PM and takes 8 Hrs to reach Varanasi. Arrive Varanasi at 8:30 PM, meet our driver and Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Varanasi.
DAY 20: VARANASI
Early morning take a boat ride at Holy Ganges and visit Sri Kashi Vishwanath Temple (11th Jyotirlinga). After Darshan visit Annapurna Temple. Return back to hotel for breakfast. Afternoon visit Sankat Mochan temple, Bharat Mata Mandir, New Vishwanath Mandir. Later in the evening attend Ganga Aarti at Dashashwamedh Ghat. Overnight: Varanasi.
DAY 21: VARANASI - HARIDWAR
Morning after breakfast transfer to Varanasi train station to board train to Haridwar. Train leaves at 1030 AM and takes 18 Hrs to reach Haridwar. Overnight: Overnight in the train.
DAY 22: HARIDWAR
Arrive Haridwar train station at 4:30 AM – Meet our driver transfer to hotel. Spend few hrs at hotel to relax. After breakfast visit Mata Mansa Devi Temple and Chandi Devi Temple. Also visit Daksh Temple and attend evening Aarti at Har Ki Pauri. Overnight: Haridwar.
DAY 23: HARIDWAR - GUPTAKASHI
After breakfast at hotel checkout and drive to Guptkashi. Upon arrival check in at a hotel. After some rest visit Ardh Nareshwar Mahadev Temple. Evening free to relax. Overnight Guptakashi.
DAY 24: GUPTAKASHI - KEDARNATH
After early breakfast drive to Gaurikund from where you have to trek or Hire a pony to cover 19 Kms journey to Kedarnath. Late evening arrive and check-in at guest house. Overnight Kedarnath.
DAY 25: KEDARNATH - RISHIKESH, VIA GAURIKUND
Early morning visit Shri Kedarnath (12th Jyotirlinga). After darshan return back to Gaurikund and drive back to Rishikesh. Arrive Rishikesh and Checkin at Hotel. Overnight Rishikesh.
DAY 26: RISHIKESH - HARIDWAR
Breakfast at Hotel, later checkout and visit Sri Ram Jhula, Laxman Jhula, Bharat temple and 13 Story Temple, Swarg Ashram and Parmarth Niketan. Later drive to Delhi from where you can take further connection to your city by Air or by Train.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable India tour.
- Accommodation on bed & breakfast basis based on double/twin occupancy.
- Excursions and touring as specified in itinerary, all on private basis.
- All airport and ground transportation on private basis.
- Driver allowance and all presently applicable taxes.
*Not included: gratuities, visas (if applicable), international or internal flights, meals and drinks not described, items of a personal nature.